Rebecca's commitment to teaching music to young people drives her to do everything she can to ensure that students learn, and that their learning environment is the best it can be. Over the last decade, significant achievements include the following.
- Led a rhythm-reading and rhythm-performance unit in which the target was for students to prove their competence of rhythm reading and rhythm performance. Was part of a professional learning community who implemented concerted efforts to raise student accountability and performance in this area. Efforts resulted in vast improvements in student scores and data proving student learning and growth.
- Led a music theory unit in which the target was for all Grade 8 students to be able to write out and perform all 12 Major scales with the assistance of the Circle of 5ths. My teaching resulted in vast improvements in student scores and provided data proving student learning and growth.
- Responsible for planning and managing a budget of $47,000 USD for instruments and instructional resources. Improved this process by: creating spreadsheets to better track expenditures, organizing and cataloging invoices, using previous years' data to drive budgets for successive years.
- Collaborated with a team of four music teachers to organize and present multiple student performances for the school community.
- Served as Member of the LCC (Principal's Cabinet) representing thirteen elective subject teachers.
- Served as Co-chair of Grades 6-12 Music Team of seven teachers.
- Served as Chair of the Professional Learning Community (PLC) for middle school music.
- Served as Committee member for a multi-million dollar Auditorium renovation completed in September 2015.
- Planned, hosted, adjudicated and administered music festivals on local and international scales in both the private and public sector.